Hello, design students. Looking for an internship?
We are looking for a junior or senior year student who wants to be a paid design intern.
Working as an intern at SBS would allow you to be exposed to a variety of projects and gain hands-on experience in a collaborative, idea-driven environment.
- Design and production assistance a variety of external and internal projects
- Helping to update company marketing materials
- Working within brand guidelines to create blog posts
- Posting news or blog content on social media channels
- Preparing emails
Qualifications/traits that are important
- Holistic, strategic, visual communicator. You understand how design helps clients attain business goals. (We don’t just make stuff look cool.)
- Conceptual thinker + detail oriented. You understand the big idea and the importance of every detail being on track, as communications are produced, in support of the overall concept.
- Fluent with creative and business software: Adobe Creative Suite (especially Indesign), MS Office apps. Familiarity with WordPress and Mailchimp is a plus.
- One or two quarters. Schedule is flexible, depending on what works with your class schedule.
- This is a paid position.
Things you will have the opportunity to see and learn
- How to view marketing materials holistically across a range of channels
- How to view and develop brand communications from concept through execution
- How to create high quality layouts and adapt content to various formats
- How to get stuff done!
- Please send an email with “Intern response” in the subject line and include:
a cover note in the body of the email, your resume/CV, a link to samples of your work, and a concise description of one of your favorite projects to firstname.lastname@example.org